Distribuir contenido

Open Jobs at GoMe

177 respuestas [Último envío]
Lynnutte
Desconectado/a
Forum moderatorCavern CrierMessenger
se unió: Oct 30 2007

Welcome Gbadji!

My french is really really bad and almost nonexistant, so having you volunteer to translate the newsletter is wonderful! I think Veralun knows all (or at least most) of the international websites to...... wait a minute, do we have a place to post the translations on our website? If not, we need one! Who is shimmers replacement until she gets back and can they add a section for the translations? Hmmmmm..... so many questions so little time.
If Leonardo and Gbadji could get started on the translations of the newsletter, maybe we can have a place to put them ready by the time the translations are done. No pressure though. Take your time and settle in. Glad you two are here and willing to help. :D

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a
Rel.to MaintainerMessenger
se unió: Nov 8 2007

I warmly welcome Gbadji and Leonardo! 8)

As Leonardo mentioned, he translated the Great Tree documentaries to Italian when I worked on those. He did a great job and I'm pleased to see him here.

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a
Magazine moderatorMagazine teamMessenger
se unió: Ene 12 2008

Welcome to the GoMe Gbadji. As Lyunnette and Nanouk said we are looking to translate our newsletter but also we are requiring the announcements of said Newsletter translated and posted on French speaking related forums. One of our affiliates The Cavern Today also requires an announcement translated, about every 4 weeks. Is this something that you could take care of Gbadji. If this is something that you have time for, let me know and I will send you the first two announcements for translating. They are usually quite small in size.
Take care
Szark

Gbadji
Desconectado/a
se unió: Jun 19 2008

Thanks all,

@Szrak, you can send me the announcements for The Cavern Today. I will take time for that too.

See you soon.

Nothing to do except a dream, see you soon in the City.

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

There you go Gbadji, Pm on it's way to you. Thanks you so much.
Take care
Szark

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

Intersting thread here

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewto ... sc&start=0

I have made a post about me and the GoMe and more top of page 2
Szark

Lynnutte
Desconectado/a

Good post Szark.

Al'Kaera
Imagen de Al'Kaera
Desconectado/a
se unió: Jul 6 2008

Ok, so this is the bizz side of GoMe huh? No special application forms or resume` templates. hmmmm.... low key to say the least. :P
Now to it, If I read this whole thread right Szark applied for photographer. That's pretty much all I know anymore too, and has been an on/off vocation for some time. I have Paint.net, Irfanview, 100s of Uru pics from a lot of the Myst games, but mostly MO:UL, and a creative slant to it all. I was also featured a few times in the MO:UL player created PhotoQuest series in the cavern. One day I'll show the pic I did when WATER was the subject.
If any of this is of any use to anyone, say hey. With a full time RL job, It might be best that I freelance at first to support Szark and any other GoMe effort.
Yes I am tentative about this, I'm pretty laid back and have survived 30 years of one deadline after another and that's why I'm white haired. Well, the ones I have left are white anyway. :lol: So take it a little easy on the old guy ok? At least at first.

My only promise to you is that I will do all I can do. Perfection is a mark that is always missed, excellence can be achieved.

So, who wants what?

again KI 102324  ancient KI 5969479

Nanouk_Metal
Desconectado/a
se unió: Mar 1 2008

Welcome to the Guild of Messengers AlKaera .

One thing is for sure. You cannot be dumber than me so you won't have to worry about me stealing the next promotion away from you. :shock: :lol: :wink:

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

AlKaera, nice to see that you are trying to contribute already. Ok when I started with the GoMe it was quite rightly as you say, in the form of photographer. That however has broadened a lot more.
My personal duties, these are what I took on board Alkaera, News and announcement postind on the RSS feed and directly in to the forums themselves. We find news on these sites and more, vistit

http://rel.to/

for a more detailed list.

Back to the topic in hand, anyways I also work for the TCT Archiver which is part of the Affilates group as a writer and photograhper and general dogs body. Oh and I am weekly update coordinator, how we love our titles, but more about that later.

So as you can see there are many niches that one could fill with out to much time and effort or there are ones that could have you busy for a few hours a day the choice is yours. So hang in there and as time rolls on you will get the hang of it and maybe find something else you can do.

Photquest yes that was a blast. Are yes another place we had meet.

Quote:
My only promise to you is that I will do all I can do.

and that is all we can sak, thank you.
Szark

Al'Kaera
Imagen de Al'Kaera
Desconectado/a

Thanks for the feedback... Two pronged response here so I don't double post.
Crier_Nanouk, I've seen you around the forums but I also found you on 'The New Pit Stop for the Soul Picture game' I think, Is that you too? Great stuff there, everyone plays that game real hard. Harmless One Upsmanship at it's finest. :wink:

And Szark, or both of you, I expect that opportunities will grow as I get grounded. I just don't want to start scratching all the (n) itches that I find. :-D

Have been thinking about this even before, and is why I decided to come to GoMe and try things out, Everything Uru, or MO:UL is probably held in sacred archives by Cyan and a few hundred explorers. The part that isn't is all the UCC that may become a reality in game. Any first look shots that can be had for newsletters or other announcements would be very 'insider' like to the rest of the Guilds.
Just a thought, an idea, they come and they go.
I do spend most of my time in my own head, so don't let that surprise anyone. I'm usually looking for dropped memory files. :|

Nanouk_Metal
Desconectado/a
AlKaera wrote:
Crier_Nanouk, I've seen you around the forums but I also found you on 'The New Pit Stop for the Soul Picture game' I think, Is that you too? Great stuff there, everyone plays that game real hard. Harmless One Upsmanship at it's finest. :wink:
quote]

wow, this is quite a surprise alright.
Yes AlKaera, "we" are the same old grumpy polar bear.

The New Pit Stop had and still have a similar story as Uru Live. This one is the third incarnation and it was/is still an uphill battle to stay "alive". The ubi Paradise forum provided us with our last "shelter". Unfortunately, we have now become an "undergroung" topic. The Paradise game had too many negative feedbacks and was removed from public view.

To those who do not know what we are talking about, check the next link to the first post of this last incarnation by moderator Angelina_22. (mine is the second post)....
To be able to visit the Pit Stop, one has to save a bookmark (only way in)...

The New Pit Stop for the soul - Picture game
Angelina_22

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 6941078954

The Pit Stop is very internationnal and is the only thread I know of (3 years) who never had one fight between its members.

Kai-Uwe
Desconectado/a
se unió: Jul 7 2008

Hi @all!

I just want to give you a short introduction of myself. I´m living in germany and I´ve been a part of the Uru-Community since Dec. 2003, so that I´m able to experience all of the up´s and down´s since then :wink: .
Some day´s ago there was a question for help in translating announcements etc. from english into german at our german Uru-Reallife Forum and I really would like to help with this.

Can´t wait to see you all in the cavern again!

Kai-Uwe

Al'Kaera
Imagen de Al'Kaera
Desconectado/a

Just so everyone will know.
My time zone is GMT -6 Central US I am online mostly in the evening, 7PM-ish 'til 10 PM-ish during the week and weekends. Sat and Sun I get on earlier in the afternoon.
The exceptions are. Thursday night I'm only on for about an hour, 9P - 10P. Also, D'ni Cocktail party on Friday 8P 'til 10P and later, Saturday night Karaoke 8P til 10P plus party after.

Now a question, I saw a post in MO'UL and here about Kerryth being a liason to GoMa in There and being given an assignment as correspondent for RU URU. Who's doing RU URU, and where is it. Does it need proofreading ??, pictures ?? Let me know.
I have quite good english language comprehension skills, decent at grammer structure, spelling et al. Yeah that's what it is PROOFREADING !!
If not then I can do the same for the GoMe newsletter, unless it is taken care of already. I know Lynnutte does the newsletter but where is it?
I mean what form is it kept in, not why isn't it issued. heh heh
Glad to help.

Oh and WELCOME Kai-Uwe from Germany, many here will be glad to know that you are here and interested in helping.

Lynnutte
Desconectado/a

Welcome AlKaera and Kai-Uwe! It's so great to see fresh faces with new points of view! (Having an extra couple of hands to help us out with doesn't hurt either. :lol: ) Anyway, take your time getting comfortable, getting to know us, and getting a feel for the web site. Don't worry. Have fun. We won't expect any work out of you until tommorow. :D

Sorry AlKaera. Looks like I was typing while you were posting.

The newsletter "Where R U URU" is mailed out to our subscribers as well as being Archived in our library. Kerryth is no longer a liason or corrospondent due to RL commitments. Everyone who wants to is working on the newsletter. We post ideas for stories for the newsletter in the Guild Bussiness section under the current month we are working on. If you post it, usually, you write it. Unless you post that you don't want to and say so. All the stories are sent to me for proof reading. I send them back with any suggestions I can think of. If I see nothing that needs correcting, I send it back to the writer and they send it on to blutec. If you want to be a correspondent, by all means, please do. If you want to be GOMe liason, I think you need to talk to Marten about that.

Once again, welcome. Glad to have you here. :)

Al'Kaera
Imagen de Al'Kaera
Desconectado/a

Thanks Lynnutte and Hello again.
Not worried, my 'Fight or Flight' mechanism is so slooooww that I usually decide what to do to help then turn it off. Tommorrow is good :D
I'm a little confused that I don't see assignments lists. what I see is that except for a couple of leader types, people don't know what the rest of the list of members is doing. I say this in the interest of cross communicating between the major tasks that are on going.
I'll be looking around a lot more to see if I can find ways to connect 'who's doing what' with 'what's going on' :?

Nanouk_Metal
Desconectado/a
AlKaera wrote:
Thanks Lynnutte and Hello again.

I'm a little confused that I don't see assignments lists. what I see is that except for a couple of leader types, people don't know what the rest of the list of members is doing. I say this in the interest of cross communicating between the major tasks that are on going.

Some of us, new comers, have been asking for such an official list since we joined in, about 10 years ago. :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ok, ok......... Lets says, for about the last two months.

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a

We put a partial list of roles up on the FAQ page, but since shimmer's been very busy, it hasn't been updated with the latest info. And, that info has been changing since I last edited the copy I sent to Narym.

Heh :)

We're hoping that within a few weeks we might migrate to a new website officially grounded at guildofmessengers.com and with a content management system so that different people can log in and edit parts of the website, rather than everyone being dependent upon shimmer. And, Tai'lahr has volunteered to look over the organization/services information to see if she can help make it clearer. She, too, is a little confused about where to fit in because she doesn't know what roles are already filled.

All I can say is that these problems should be resolved "soon."

blutec
Imagen de blutec
Desconectado/a
se unió: Ene 15 2008

yay, i have my proofreader found :) and I now know the word for it also, thank you.
When I assemble the newsletter in this format, I need someone to take a second look at the final thing to point me out things I'd miss, forgot (comma's etc) and on english spelling & grammar (not my native language).

Oops.... as an assembler/random fan I also post random what I like to see in the Newsletter, and now I've read Lynnuttes post, I know now that you'd expected me to write those ideas, lol
Will be more clear on that when I post ideas and wishes.

Short story how I got involved: I had a comment on the GoMe, and posted that unaddressed in MOUL forums, so I was an easy target, hehe. Kalypso spoke to me and explained, and said the magic words: see a need... So I became a Cavern Crier in the last month of MOUL. Nothing to do for me without Cavern, but Shimmerillion needed a back up assembler with access to Publisher. I have Publisher, so now I assemble.
I think my assembling job will stop as soon the Newsletter will be in KI or Cavern format, but I think I'll find another need then.

edit:
Hi & Welcome Kai-Uwe! /wave :D

grtz, blutec

Al'Kaera
Imagen de Al'Kaera
Desconectado/a

Again, thank you all for the tutoring on what's going on. The point about a GoMa liason/correspondent was not a job app. Heh, I've been over there a bunch since I joined THAT Guild, haven't any Idea on how they do their stuff, and came away with two thoughts. I'm almost never online when anyone else is, so it's way more difficult to get help. And they do sooo much stuff with the UCC and the TOOLS used are for tool types of people and I've never been an artist or programmer. The people are cool though.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Small steps at first may be best for me and that may mean sticking with the business at hand.. GoMe

also; blutec, anything you have that needs a review of any kind (0.o maybe) I surely can take a swipe at. Just tell me what it is, where it is and how I get it back to you.
Aside: Everyone. do we send all of our stuff back and forth member to member via PM? is it done in email, is there a wiki? Surely everyone doesn't have MS Word or Wordperfect running.

FAQ page, Library, read everything.. everything! Thanks Marten and Lynnutte. I don't see... ahh nevermind, Library link is on home page not forum. /me sit's on time out stool in corner. :roll:

FAQ page! How huge... I'm gonna need a day off to read THAT ! Sorry y'all, couldn't pass this up. :wink: :wink:

Nanouk_Metal
Desconectado/a

@ AlKaera

Now AlKaera will know what I mean if ever I say this to a new member: "Welcome to the Lost Tribe". :mrgreen:

Or maybe it should be more like: "Welcome to The Tribe that is Lost". :P :mrgreen:

re the GoMa: that is the place where I have learned the "real" meaning of the words "pc crashes". (when I tried to play extra ages. (with their ULM tool) :lol: 8) :lol:

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

No we are not lost anymore. We have direction and don't forget Alkaera as Marten said we have a new website in the planning and most of what you said we be attended to, even Wiki, I hope.

Also something to consider for everyone that is new, is that you have joined a new and growing, not yet a fully fledged Guild. I had a problem with this at first, but now I have come to understand that it's not like a RL job with a defined job description. We all have to find our niche and that takes some, more time than others. First we needed leadership. Then a work force and then a system, which in this case a system was in place due to previous work. Now we have to recruit more people and build on that system, while we wait for the new site.

So yeah ideas, ideas and suggestions, keep them coming. Just hold off on the subject of the website until it is up and running then we can pick it to bits. :D :D What I have seen so far is darn amazing, looks good, well done Shimmer and co. :oops: can't remember who else helped with it, or if anyone else did.

Szark

Nanouk_Metal
Desconectado/a

Of course Szark, you are right. :mrgreen:

The work done in theses last few months has been extraordinary.

For a minute, I was afraid you had lost your sense of humour. :o
But since I know you more by now, I am able to see it, very well hidden between the lines. :wink: :oops: :lol: :P

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a
Quote:
For a minute, I was afraid you had lost your sense of humour.

Sense of humour how dare you insinuate that I have a sense of humour, I am shocked. :shock: :shock: Vulcans do not laugh.
Szark

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a

What if you tickle them in just the right spot?

Nanouk_Metal
Desconectado/a
Marten wrote:

Me guessing that when More will be back online, Szark will be "tickling" his KI button and will show his emotions a lot more. :wink: :mrgreen:

Snaky vulcan smilie:

Szark
Imagen de Szark
Desconectado/a

ROFLOL and wetting myself. Nice one you two.

Quote:
Me guessing that when More will be back online, Szark will be "tickling" his KI button and will show his emotions a lot more.

Yeah, sure, you betch ya.

Quote:

Are we still talking about Vulcans? If so, I will have to ask, next time they come for tea.
Szark

Lynnutte
Desconectado/a

AlKaera, since you have volunteered twice for the proofreading position, if I read your posts correctly, I would be glad to have you proofread this issue of the GOMe newsletter along with me. If you still want to proofread for the next issue, I will consider you letting you take over the position full time. I could really use the help right now because RL is getting busy for me. What I would like to happen, is blutec send you things to proofread. After you two have the final product, send it to me for the final ok before we send it out. Not that I don't think you won't do a great job, it's just I would like to see your work before I hand over the reigns to you. If you are agreeable to this, let me know and I will tell blutec. The deadline for this issue is July 12th. (Like we have ever made a deadline, but we keep getting closer, :D)

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a

As before I would also be happy to help proofread. Everything except my own article of course; someone else needs to proofread that, because I'd be biased. :mrgreen:

Al'Kaera
Imagen de Al'Kaera
Desconectado/a
Lynnutte wrote:
I would be glad to have you proofread this issue of the GOMe newsletter along with me.... What I would like to happen, is blutec send you things to proofread..... If you are agreeable to this,...I will tell blutec.
The deadline for this issue is July 12th.)

Deadline? DEADLINE? Thanks for the heads up. :P
Yes, please. Just take me by the hand and kinda lead me thru this, you can hand me off to blutec if that works for you. I can discuss the technique that is used for any possible editing feedback with blutec, unless I don't know what I just said. :lol: :lol: It's just a process statement, I'm into processes, sorry, they either work or they don't, either way they can always be improved upon :lol: . Just let me in on it. Assume nothing. :wink:
Also, unless the newsletter proof is a daunting task, I think I should be able to take a look at what Marten is working on too, unless the deadline for that is like, TODAY, or if someone is already on it.